Wednesday, August 3, 2011

5 questions for Sadie, Wedding Planner


(c) Steep Street Photography

1. How long have you been an event planner and what is your level of experience?

I have more than a decade of experience in event planning. I began my career as the promotions manager for a display company in 2001, then moved to producing corporate events. Before starting Locally Grown Weddings, I was working in the non-profit arena on large fundraisers, such as 1,000 person bike rides and 500 person luncheons.

This experience as an event manager, coupled with my need to help promote eco-friendly choices for my clients lead me to branch out on my own. My most recent work has been focused on providing creative, unique and sustainable options for clients who are getting married.

(c) Steep Street Photography
2. What do you love the most about your work?

I love seeing my clients expression when they first walk into their event and see all the work we have done come together to create their special day. Event planning appeals to me because it allows me to mix my love for logistics and details with my creativity.

Guiding each of my clients step by step through the planning experience, and being able to share ideas, listen and engage throughout their planning process are both exciting and rewarding to me.

The personal service and time I dedicate to each client allows me to make sure their unique story is told. Each client is provided with the tools to help make their event flawless. I focus on creating personalized events that are both a representation of the clients style, and are sustainable. The goal is to keep our environmental footprint to a minimum while creating an amazing celebration!

(c) Mike Larson Photography
3. Why "green"?

For myself it’s a personal lifestyle choice and I would not dream of running a business any other way. I feel we need to know how our choices directly impact our environment. Education and understanding the ramifications of our actions can help guide us to better choices. Events bring large groups of people together which creates an immediate impact on our resources and surroundings. By being “green” we can help you reduce this impact and therefore make a positive difference for the environmental future of our planet.

We use avenues such as organic catering and locally grown flowers to minimize environmental impact. As a sustainable events planner, I have built a collection of resources to offer and guide clients toward making the best choices for their event.

(c) Mike Larson Photography
4. Do you only plan weddings?

No. I have experienced working on many types of events such as corporate events, trade shows, conferences, fundraisers and private parties.
5. What is your role in Locally Grown Weddings and how do you work with the team?
My role as the Event Planner for Locally Grown Weddings is to listen and gather information from our clients and to guide them through their planning process. As facilitator, I help ensure that all details and moving parts are communicated to the Locally Grown Weddings group. Having a professional team of exceptional vendors whom I know and trust, gives the client a level of comfort that is unparalleled. 

 (c) Misti Layne Photography

Locally Grown Weddings Featured Members:
Sadie Waddington, Event Planner

Guest Photographers:

No comments:

Post a Comment