It is an honor to be officially recognized by the city of San Francisco for our sustainable and green business practices.
To qualify as a green business, we have met high environmental standards that have the following impact:
SF Green Businesses reduce the amount the CO2 they generate, thereby helping tackle the pressing problem of global climate change. Here's how:
- Green Businesses conserve energy by using fluorescent lighting and Energy Star rated equipment
- Green Businesses conserve water through the use of low-flow toilets and water flow restrictors. Energy is needed to deliver water, so every unit of water conserved saves several pounds of CO2
- Green Businesses conserve natural resources by promoting public transit, biking and walking
- Green Businesses reduce waste by recycling and composting and using materials with recycled content. The manufacture, distribution, and use of products - as well as dealing with the resulting waste - all require the use of energy, resulting in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Green Businesses also take steps to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for their employees and customers by using less-toxic products.